We're almost there! This is the final step in our pre-Whole30 prep plan; soon you'll be ready to start your Day 1 off right!
Step #5 - Restock the Pantry (and Meal Prep!)
Part 1 - Restock the Pantry
Though this is our final step in the pre-Whole30 process, both items above will be ongoing during your Whole30, which is why I included them together.
In this step, we get to go shopping! Woohoo! (All the non-shoppers groan. Normally I would fall in the non-shopper category, but I love shopping for healthy Paleo foods! I almost make it a contest with myself to see how many new compliant foods my local grocery store has.)
I won't go into detail of every single thing you may need, because Whole30 already has a great link for this, but here are some of my must-haves:
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Aminos (substitute for soy sauce)
- Homemade Mayo (check out the recipe here; I use it as a base for my ranch dressing, too!)
- Sea Salt (finely ground – I recommend sea salt for cooking at home to avoid the added sugar in table salt, but table salt IS approved on the Whole30.)
- Your Favorite Spices and Herbs
- Whole30-Compliant Salad Dressings (Check ingredients - you may be surprised which ones qualify!)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (the super vinegar!)
- Paleo Flours (almond, coconut, cassava, etc.)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Raw Nuts (we love to roast cashews ourselves and toss with coconut oil and salt)
- Compliant Tuna and/or Salmon and/or Chicken (remember the crazy nights – you need an easy go-to)
- LaCroix (okay, this one isn't a necessity, but I know my Whole30s go easier with my Apricot LaCroix)
Don't worry; you don't need to buy everything at once. You'll eventually grow your collection as you start figuring out what new ingredients you'll need to make the yummy recipes you've found!
Part 2 - Meal Prep
I felt like I needed to say something about meal prep here. It will definitely need to be done before you start, but it will be an ongoing process throughout your Whole30. Set aside an hour or two (you'll eventually get into the swing of things and won't need as much time) and start prepping! Check out your recipes and prep what you can (i.e. peeling and chopping veggies) and make sure you have everything you need to make the recipes you've chosen. For example, we like to buy meat in bulk and freeze a pound at a time. Then when we know a recipe is on the docket that calls for that meat, we make sure to defrost it the morning before we make it!
Also be sure to prep some extra veggies and ground meat (or burger patties) so you have them for the nights you just won't have the energy to cook. Life happens, and that's okay. You'll have a plan in place for the emergencies!
That's it! Hopefully you're excited for your Whole30 and the transformation you'll see over the next 30 days! Be sure to keep in touch with us and keep us updated on your progress! And, as always, if you have any questions or need any support, please reach out. We'd love to help!
*This page may contain affiliate links, which means if you use those links to make a purchase, we receive a commission at no extra cost to you.*
Disclaimer: The recommendations in this post and on this site are not intended as a substitute for medical advice. Always consult a qualified medical professional when changing your diet, fitness routine, medications, and/or lifestyle.