**This page contains affiliate links meaning we earn a commission if you use those links. We only recommend brands we use and trust.**
We made it!
Wow, what a crazy 30 days! And let me tell you, it hasn’t been easy.
Even as veteran Whole30ers, we still struggled. There were times we wanted to give up. There were times we just wanted to order pizza. There were even times where I ate an RX bar and carrot sticks for breakfast! (Like, probably 5 times.) But we stuck with it because we said we would. Hope you did too!
If you did, congrats! Welcome to day 31 of the rest of your life. Whole30 has introduced you to the Paleo lifestyle, one that can completely change the trajectory of your health. I hope you’re feeling better, stronger, healthier (and yes, maybe even thinner!) than you’ve been in years, and you have Whole30 to thank for it. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks to help you stay the course.
If you struggled and fell off the bandwagon, that’s okay too. We’re still here for you! We believe Paleo is the best way for you to get healthy and stay that way, but we know that life happens. Just don’t give up! Regroup, make a plan for how you’ll successfully complete it next time, then start again! You only fail if you stop trying.
Like I said earlier, even though we’re veteran Whole30ers, every time we do a Whole30 we learn something new (or are reminded of something old). Here are a few of the things we learned over the last 30 days:
- Eggs can still get boring (my breakfast hash and curry continues to be a lifesaver)
- Our new InstantPot is LIFE CHANGING (procrastinators rejoice)
- Paleo Soups and Stews cookbook has an amazing recipe for wrapperless wontons (serious yumminess)
- Whole30 life is easier when you make a plan (I have to keep reminding myself of this)
- Stress is bad
- Stress eating is a real thing
- Stress does not help your sleep (why yes, I want to wake up every morning like 3 hours before my alarm clock, thanks!)
- Stress does not help reduce the inflammation in your body AT ALL
- Stress DOES NOT PROMOTE WEIGHT LOSS
- Stress is pretty much the worst
As you can see, life is pretty stressful right now. Work is crazy, life is crazy, and stress has got me all kinds of twisted around. It’s affected my sleep, my eating habits, and has made my body hold on to the excess weight I gained over the past year.
So starting today, I choose to fight back. Here are my goals for the next 30 days:
- Regular, consistent yoga time (even if it’s just for 10 minutes)
- Daily Meditation (at least 5 times a week - more as needed)
- Paleo baking (The worst part about Whole30 for me is no baking. I love to bake, and over the past few years, I’ve discovered a love of Paleo baking. The Whole30 is GREAT for a reset, but baking is such a great stress-reducer for me that I see Paleo baked goods in my future. Andrew will love this.)
- Get a handle on my time management (this is more of a personal goal than a food goal, but remember how life is easier with a plan? So is Paleo.)
- Maintain a Paleo lifestyle while adding in sugar, but not overdoing it. I repeat: NOT OVERDOING IT.
There you have it! How did your Whole30 go, or are you starting one soon? We’d love to hear your story! Email us, message us, or leave a comment below!
ps - If you haven't read it yet, we encourage you to pick up a copy of Food Freedom Forever. This book is designed to be a follow-up to the Whole30 program and will help maintain balance and control post-Whole30.